Uses of hexagonal boron nitride
Hexagonal boron nitride is a material with high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, high thermal conductivity, high insulation and excellent lubrication properties, and is widely used in petroleum, chemical, mechanical, electronic, electric power, textile, nuclear industry, aerospace and other sectors.
- Using the excellent chemical stability of hexagonal boron nitride, it can be used as crucible for melting evaporated metal, boat, liquid metal transport tube, rocket nozzle, high-power device base, pipe for melting metal, pump parts, mould for casting steel, etc.
- Using the heat and corrosion resistance of hexagonal boron nitride, high-temperature components, rocket combustion chamber linings, heat shields for spacecraft, and corrosion-resistant parts for magnetorheological generators can be manufactured.
- The use of hexagonal boron nitride insulation, widely used in high-voltage high-frequency electricity and plasma arc insulator and a variety of heater insulators, heating tube casing and high-temperature, high-frequency, high-voltage insulation and heat dissipation components, high-frequency applications of electric furnace materials.
- Using the lubricity of hexagonal boron nitride, boron nitride as a lubricant, it can be dispersed in heat-resistant grease, water or solvent; sprayed on the friction surface, to be solvent evaporation and the formation of dry mold; filled in resin, ceramics, metal surface layer as a high temperature resistant self-lubricating composite materials. Boron nitride suspension oil is white or yellow in colour and therefore does not contaminate fibre products on textile machinery and can be used in large quantities for lubrication of synthetic fibre textile machinery.
- Hexagonal boron nitride can also be used as an additive in various materials. Boron nitride fibres made from boron nitride processing are medium modulus high functional fibres, which are inorganic synthetic engineering materials and can be widely used in the chemical industry, textile industry, aerospace technology and other sophisticated industrial sectors.
Uses of cubic boron nitride
Cube boron nitride is a multi-functional material that combines a variety of excellent features, it is second only to diamond in hardness, but more stable than diamond. With a series of excellent properties such as high stability, high thermal conductivity, high hardness and wide band gap, cubic boron nitride has a wide range of applications in the development of high temperature and high power semiconductor devices, short wavelength and ultraviolet optoelectronic devices, heat sink materials, cutting and grinding materials, high temperature and wear resistant protective coatings, high permeability and high stability window development, etc.Considering that this kind boron nitride has a wide range of applications and that existing preparation methods have inherent disadvantages that are difficult to overcome, this paper summarises and compares aspects of new preparation methods for boron nitride materials.
Leave a Reply